Thursday, August 20, 2009

FriendFeed

I just skimmed an article in the June 15, 2009, issue of Library Journal -- "Working the Social: Twitter and FriendFeed by Laura Carscaddon and Colleen S. Harris. I knew about Twitter (even though I haven't signed up for an account), but FriendFeed was new to me.

The article called FriendFeed a "lifestreaming service or a 'social aggregator' that allows you to pull content from multiple social networking sites to one place." For example, you could use it to pull your facebook, twitter, delicious, LibraryThing, and RSS feeds into one place so you don't have to log on to each one separately. Cool.

The tagline on FriendFeed says, FriendFeed enables you to discover and discuss the interesting stuff your friends find on the web.

I'm going to check it out and maybe create an account!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago. I haven't really figured it out yet, but it is another social network. Good job trying to keep track of all of this.
Thanks!!
Larry