Friday, August 29, 2008

Technorati - #14

I worked on the Technorati assignment today, including listening to a podcast about "getting not-so-technical with Technorati" and finding out more about web crawling and how it works. I also did the Technorati tour, reviewed the popular features, and then looked at the overview of the refreshed Technorati.

According to that overview:

"The world has changed. This isn't just about blogs anymore. And to be of service to you, we have changed too.

First, we've eliminated search silos on Technorati. In the past, you had to know the difference between keyword search, tag search and blog directory search in order to make use of the full power of our site. No more. Starting today, we now provide you a simplified experience. Simply indicate what's of interest to you and we'll assemble the freshest, hottest, most current social media from across the Live Web - Blogs, posts, photos, videos, podcasts, events, and more."


I took the leap, signed up for a Technorati account, and claimed my blog for all the world to see. I am out there! I also added a Technorati favorites button to my blog so others can mark it as one of there faves. Of course, I made my blog one of my own favorites first thing. It will be interesting to see if anyone else marks it, too!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: