This is the challenge and I chose to accept it!
Learn how to tag your posts with Technorati tags so they can join tag searches. Create a post about something. It can be anything you want and add the HTML code to the bottom to tag it as “BSCL2.” You may also want to consider claiming your blog and creating a watchlist. NOTE: When adding HTML code, you'll want to make sure you're in Blogger's Edit HTML window.
I started by reading the information about using Technorati tags, then read it again, and yet again. Hmmmmmm. As clear as mud, but worth the old college try! I am thoroughly enjoying the BSC Library Learning 2.0 project. I have learned so much in the past few weeks and am looking forward to continuing to learn more.
Here is my BSCL2 tag: BSCL2
I also created a watchlist on my Technorati account. Right now my personal list includes two keyword terms -- BSCL2 and Westie -- and two web sites -- npr.org and ndla.info. One of the things I discovered when I tried to add web sites to my watchlist by entering a URL was that the initial "http" and "www" parts of the URL should be omitted. Including them resulted in loading errors.
On my Technorati account, I can now see a "Ping" button. When I clicked on that button, I got this message: Thanks for the ping! Technorati will now check http:/marlene-library20.blogspot.com for new content. You can bookmark this page and return to it to notify Technorati of updates. If I understand it right, ping is used to pick up updates and links from sites and is part of the whole web crawling idea.
On my Technorati account, I can also see that -- so far -- there is one fan of my blog. Of course, it is me. I am my own number one fan! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment