Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Copyright Rollyo - #12


I decided to create a Copyright Rollyo since we often field questions related to copyright at our library. Creating a Rollyo account and a copyright rollyo was easy enough, but I did struggle to add my rollyo to my blog. I could get the Rollyo image on my blog, but it was "empty" vs. being my copyright rollyo. Hmmmmm. In the end, I'm not entirely sure what I did right, but it finally worked. I love the feeling of success! I think my initial problem may have had something to do with needing to be in "edit HTML" vs. compose when I was doing the posting.

I also added my Rollyo as a gadget in a separate place on my blog.

I can see great potential for rollyos. They provide a way to limit Internet searches to sites you know and trust and use frequently vs. wading through lots of irrelevant retrieval results. It is also easy to create different, subject-specific rollyos, then choose whichever one is appropriate for a particular need.



No comments: