I thought of a practical application for Wordle today! On Monday, August 25, there will be a "Meet and Greet" tent to welcome students to campus for the 2008-09 academic year. The BSC Library is participating in that event and we need to prepare a display for our table.
I created a new BSC Library wordle, then randomized and printed a few versions to use in our display. In the process, I also read more of the FAQ information for Wordle and learned how to make a string of words stay together and how to make some words appear larger than others. I also discovered that you can create a Wordle by entering the URL of a blog or Web site in one of the fields. The program searches the blog or Web site, pulls random words, and arranges them in interesting word clouds, which can then be manipulated like any other Wordle (e.g., changing layout, font, colors, etc.). Cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment