Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ideas for Creating Success from Michael Caruso

Michael Caruso is a communications consultant. A few years ago, he did a staff development program at BSC. I was so impressed with his message and his style that I booked him to give a keynote address and do a couple of programs at the 2004 NDLA (North Dakota Library Association) Conference. I subscribe to his 5 Cool Ideas Newsletter, too.

Here are some of Michael Caruso's tips for Creating Success Habits (details available on his audio CD or via teleseminar):
  • Convert thinking into doing
  • Cure procrastination in yourself and others
  • Say "no" more often and mean it
  • Say "yes" more often and mean it
  • Easily double the amount of good books you read in a year
  • Maximize your productivity every morning with a “Power Hour”
  • Answer your e-mail only three times a day
  • Get to the point with people who waste your time
  • Save time by ending boring conversations with class and finesse
  • Use body language to be more persuasive
  • Clone yourself so you don’t have to do everything

No comments: