Thursday, October 2, 2008

Is this really the end? Or just the beginning? - #23

Say it ain't so! I can't believe this is it. ... #23 ... the last and final exercise of the Learning 2.0 program.

My eyes have been opened to all kinds of new possibilities through this guided tour through Web 2.0 technologies. It has been an incredible learning journey. I have newfound knowledge, technical skills, and confidence in my ability to continue to learn on my own.

The discovery exercises I enjoyed most were about Wikis and Delicious. I can see many ways to apply these tools to my work as a librarian and to improving the way we do things at our library.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the process of blogging and like finding new gadgets to add to my blog to make it better. In fact, the Learning 2.0 blogging experience gave me the confidence to volunteer to set up the BSC Campus Read blog and to help my husband, Dan Rogers, set up the BSC Theatre blog. And .... just for fun, I created a blog for our much-loved Westie, Comet. Since she doesn't have thumbs, I do the typing for her. ;-)

I am committed to continuing to explore Web 2.0 technologies and to keep on blogging about what I do as a practicing librarian. I will also keep telling others about the Learning 2.0 program and our project in hopes that they will begin their own learning journey.

The end can also be a beginning.

No comments: