The search tool I liked best was Technorati. I found it easy to use and the category choices made sense to me. With the category approach, I would have liked to see sub-categories after clicking on a broad category, but still, it worked well. I also found the "Top 100 Blogs" link on Technorati to be useful. From the "Top 100" link, I chose two additional blogs to add to my feed list -- one to feed my interest in food and cookery (delicious: days) and the other to feed my interest in film (slashfilm.com).
One of the things I really liked about Syndic8.com was once I had a list of matches from a search, it was easy to find out a lot about a site without actually having to visit it. The descriptive information in Syndic8.com is very useful.
I also searched for library/librarian-related blogs in all of these tools and used the terms "librarian" or "librarians" to do my searches. Here are some of the sites that I liked (the search tool I used is noted in parentheses):
- Librarian.net - http://www.librarian.net/ (Syndic8.com)
- Library Web Chic -http://www.librarywebchic.net/wordpress/ (Syndic8.com)
- The Kept-up Academic Librarian - http://keptup.typepad.com/academic/ (Syndic8.com)
- Innovate - http://inn0vate.blogspot.com/ (Technorati)
- The "M' Word - Marketing Libraries - http://themwordblog.blogspot.com/ (Technorati) [Note: This one used the same template as the one I am using for this blog!]
- Library Thing - http://www.librarything.com/ - (Topix.net)
TheAnnoyed Librarian blog (http://annoyedlibrarian.blogspot.com/) was fun. I'm sure we all have moments when we agree with this statement, "Whatever it is, I'm against it." :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment